Peder Andersen – International Trade Analyst
Peder Andersen is the former International Trade Analyst for Aerospace for the U.S. International Trade Commission. He held this position for nearly 26 years.
In this role, Peder has written extensively on international trade issues surrounding civil aerospace products and has led four internationally recognized studies on the competitive climate for aerostructures, large civil aircraft and business jets.
Peder has served as an adviser on aerospace trade matters and civil aircraft to a wide range of U.S. government entities, including the President’s Commission on the Future of the Aerospace Industry, the National Economic Council, the U.S. Departments of Commerce, Labor, State, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, and the Senate Committee on Commerce. He has also provided his expertise to officials of non-government organizations such as the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and to representatives of foreign embassies.
Peder holds a bachelor of arts degree in history from Pace University in New York and a master of arts degree in international trade and international economic policy from the American University. He has traveled extensively, visiting numerous aircraft production facilities and both government and private sector officials, and is recognized for his objectivity by major civil aerospace organizations in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Papers he has written on China include:
- Testimony before U.S.-China Economic and Security Commission, hearing on “China’s Emergent Military Aerospace and Commercial Aviation Capabilities,” May 2010
- New Civil Aircraft Competitors on the Horizon? April 2009
- China’s Growing Market for Large Civil Aircraft, February 2008
Aerospace studies he led include:
- Business Jet Aircraft Industry: Structure and Factors Affecting Competitiveness, April 2012
- Competitive Assessment of the U.S. Large Civil Aircraft Aerostructures Industry, June 2001
- The Changing Structure of the Global Large Civil Aircraft Industry and Market: Implications for the Competitiveness of the U.S. Industry, November 1998
- Global Competitiveness of the U.S. Advanced-Technology Manufacturing Industry: Large Civil Aircraft, August 1993